Updated 3/23/2020 at 11:35am
At Midland Tool & Supply, the safety and health of our customers, vendors, and employees are our top priorities. That being said, we want to briefly outline the actions we have taken in response to the spread of COVID-19, based upon recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as state and federal orders.
First and foremost, we want to ensure our customers that the Oak Park, Michigan and Calumet City, Illinois Midland Tool & Supply and Superior Tool Rental & Repair locations will remain open for normal business hours – even during each state’s suspension of activities – so that you can continue to rely on us for supplies and services you need for essential operations.
While Michigan and Illinois have both issued us to “Stay at Home,” certain businesses identified as “essential” are permitted to continue operations. By each state’s definition, Midland Tool & Supply and Superior Tool Rental & Repair are considered essential businesses because we supply other essential businesses. Please refer to each state’s executive order, outlining the definition of an essential business for more information on our decision:
- State of Michigan Executive Order 2020-21 (COVID-19) section 9.b.
- State of Illinois Executive Order in Response to COVID-19 (COVID-19 EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 8) section 12. n. “Supplies for Essential Businesses and Operations”
To ensure a safe operational environment for our customers, vendors, and employees, we have:
- Limited on-site office, warehouse, rental and repair personnel, per state/federal guidelines.
- Provided COVID-19 specific personal hygiene and workplace cleanliness directives for all staff members
- Enforced social distancing guidelines for all on-site staff
- Eliminated all non-essential business travel
- Implemented a new visitor policy to limit guests in our facilities. If you are scheduled to visit one of our facilities, you will be asked to postpone, cancel or meet virtually.
- Expanded our already thorough facility and vehicle cleaning process
We recognize that this situation is unpredictable and fast-moving. Our COVID-19 response will remain swift and adaptable, in order to maintain alignment with the CDC, as well as State and Federal orders.